[RE: check out this rocco on eBay pls [Jason's RANT]]

At 08:14 PM 3/8/2002, Cathy Boyko wrote:
>There IS an accepted double standard though, according to the guy who
>appraised mine, a car that has had (for the sake of round numbers) $15 000 put
>into it is really worth maybe $10 000 and could only expect to sell for $8500.
>So the buyer gets the bargain. And the seller sees it that he / she put $15
>000 into it, and that's what he/she feels it should sell for.  But that's not
>reality. That goes for any car, not just ours, and there are some that are not
>worth restoring/ modifying at all, so in that regard, we at least have
>something decent to work with.
>My .02, which cost me .03 to fix up, and is only really worth .0185 or so, on
>a good day!

LOL Kathy!!  Good one!

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that I expect any of our cars to be
worth what we have in them!  I'm looking for a $9500 appraisal and I have
US$23,000 in my car!  I would never expect it to be worth that for obvious
reasons.  And even according to your calculations, that would make my car
worth more than $15k! :) So you're most certainly right, cars are never
worth what you have in them.

What my point was (and luckily, Shannon and Daun agreed so I know I'm not
the only one!) is that everyone on this list is all talk.  Everyone wants
something for nothing, but even still, they never put their wallet where
their mouth is.

I can't believe everyone was laughing over a $2500 sale for a Mk2... I'm
sorry, but to laugh over that price is totally inappropriate... they should
be thrilled, as "fair market value" is determined not by what Kelly Blue
Book says, but what cars actually sell for.

Jason