[stupid Germans ..... was : RE: For the D&D crew]

Dirk-
  I don't think many Yankees are insulted by the Confederate flag, and I
KNOW the Southern Rebels aren't!
It actually doesn't stand for the 'wild west' as much as for the independant
attitude typical of  the Southern States.  Ya' gotta' love 'em.

Larry   sandiego16V

SCIROCCO2@t-online.de (Dirk Schneider) wrote:
Until I was told by some list members I wasn't aware either that the
Rebel-flag is considered offensive and negative for most US people.
I have to admit that it also was just a "cool american flag" for me too
before I was told that in fact it is not.

Most of us Germans are of the ( wrong ) opinion this flag symbolizes the
"good old wildwest adventures" of the admired USA
that we all know out of so many movies.

Please don't be too angry with the people here who use this flag,
it's just that they don't know the real historic background.

Thanks !
Dirk

No worries, I've seen Canadians with them across the back window of pickups
.
But not sure why they'd display them. Sort of a macho thing I think.