(OT) Holy S**t!!!!

--- Christopher Grossi <cgrossi@dwc.edu> wrote:
> At 04:14 PM 3/4/02 -0500, Marc Peterson wrote:
>
>http://www.alpina.de/pics/galerie/historie/b10_biturbo/motor2_600.jpg
> >
> >Um, wow...
> >
> >Marc
>
> Thats pretty wild. I am in flight training at a school in
> NH and we fly
> these twin cessnas with supercharged engines. First time
> I did a long cross
> country night flight out to Rochester, NY in the thing I
> was introduced to
> how hot those things get. Look out the window and you
> could see the charger
> glowing through the air cooling fins on the cowling.
> Pretty cool to look
> at. Shows you what spinning at huge rpms and compressing
> air for a while does.

Oh yeah....     I remember back in high school flying with
a buddy of mine in a Beech Duke - same thing.  :)  (Gawd I
miss flying that thing!)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace