what would it take to fit 225/50/14?

--- jester@westfailure.net wrote:
> hey all,
>
> I have hooked up with an autocrosser that replaces
> his Hoosier race tires
> frequently and he is willing to donate the half used
> ones to me :)
>
> Thing is, they are 225/50/14, and I really prefer
> that the tires & wheels
> fit in the fender...
>
> So, i have thought of:
> removing the fender liners (probably do anyway for
> weight)
> rolling the fenders & trimming the part of the
> bodykit off that curves
> inside the fender (i/e trim it so none fo the
> bodykit sticks inside the
> fender & glue it on top and bottom rather than screw
> it on to the fender
> lip on the lower side.)
>
> I also thought of removing the body kit, and
> trimming the fenders so that
> the body kit ends up being your fender lip, i/e
> nothing behind it except
> where it attaches, but this is awfully extreme...
>
> anyone have any other ideas? any ideas what kind of
> offset i'll need? (i'm
> thinking of a set of e30 bmw wheels to get the
> offset further out without
> spacers, right now i have a spare set of snowflakes
> to put these on.)
>
> thanks,
>
> Steve

I think you would be better off to forget about these
tires (unless you don't give a sh*t about your car).
They are too tall and also too much tire.

Wider is better up too a point. You don't see cars
running 605-05/19 tires eh?

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)