what would it take to fit 225/50/14?

hey all,

I have hooked up with an autocrosser that replaces his Hoosier race tires
frequently and he is willing to donate the half used ones to me :)

Thing is, they are 225/50/14, and I really prefer that the tires & wheels
fit in the fender...

So, i have thought of:
removing the fender liners (probably do anyway for weight)
rolling the fenders & trimming the part of the bodykit off that curves
inside the fender (i/e trim it so none fo the bodykit sticks inside the
fender & glue it on top and bottom rather than screw it on to the fender
lip on the lower side.)

I also thought of removing the body kit, and trimming the fenders so that
the body kit ends up being your fender lip, i/e nothing behind it except
where it attaches, but this is awfully extreme...

anyone have any other ideas? any ideas what kind of offset i'll need? (i'm
thinking of a set of e30 bmw wheels to get the offset further out without
spacers, right now i have a spare set of snowflakes to put these on.)

thanks,

Steve

             Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a lemming.
                      http://westfailure.org