From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Rob Cotner
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 10:53 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: a few JH rebuilding Q's-

I finally have my '84 JH completely dissasembled.  My Q's are:
-as my Bentley states, are the rod bolts really not reusable?  would the
dealer have them?
-how necessary is it to have the crankshaft polished?
-what was the original paint color for the block?  just wondering...
-in the bentley it shows the pistons as having a relatively flat crown/top.
the ones in my JH are unlike any other piston i've seen(in my rather limited
experience).  They have deep bowls in them, I could almost eat cereal out of
them.  Is this normal?
-my alternater says 90A on the sticker.  this means its a 90 amp alternator
right, and was it available on the '84 Scirocco or did somebody upgrade
along the way?  just double checking because everything else on this car has
been low-grade replacement crap.
-would it harm the alternator if I sprayed alot of contact cleaner into the
brushes/coil-wire thing/whatever and spun it around?  would this even help
at all?
-are you sick of my questions?
Rob