[tech] vents ... was cool Roc from Austria......

I don't know.  My first reaction was that it was cool, but then when I
looked at it a few more seconds I realized that the front and rear look
really bulky.  It kinda ruins the attempt at a sleak look on a stock
Scirocco.  Maybe it just needs side sills to match the bulk of the front and
rear, or maybe not.

I love the gill slits on the side, a la Eurovan.  Here's a question for you
all.  Those slits would do one of two things if they were connected to the
airbox.  Either that is a high pressure area in front of the fender flare
and facing forward enough to get high pressure, or it is a depressurized
area and would create a nice big vacuum.  How could I be sure before doing
this to one of my cars?   (wife's GTI is the candidate).  I've seen this
done on a few cars, but never known any owner well enough to insult him by
asking if I coudl actually test the pressure there.  I did hear one anecdote
about a Jetta owner who's top speed went way down after venting his airbox
this way.  So, nerds, how do I test what the effect of a hole there would be
without cutting one there?  Would some poly tubing with water in it give
accurate results (i.e. a water level of some sort), or would it mess up the
flow too much to be a real result?  I'm fresh out of pitot tubes.

Hey, maybe an inflator needle facing upstream?  That might give a good
pressure reading.  ???  Talk amongst yourselves.

Here's the original link to that car as posted by Dirk.  Car does look
awfully sharp, and there are a lot of things I like about it:

http://www.scirocco-2.de/wahl/stefanz.htm