a few simple engine questions

--- Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sorry for my recent question bombardment of the list, but I'm SOOOO
> close to getting my rocco running, and I've worked VERY hard on it
> for the past year-
>
> -when you pull an injector, and have someone turn it over(it won't
> start), should it spray?  I think either the fuel system is screwed
> up or the missing injector makes a big vacuum leak and makes it so
> the engine can't pull the air plate up(?)

Is the cold start valve spraying?

> -when you put your hand in front of the intake tube (just after the
> big circular intake boot) and turn it over(no starting remember)
> should there be any noticeable suction on your hand?

There should be suction - as the motor is basically acting as an air
pump if it's turning over and not running (actually it's still an air
pump when it's running :-)

> -in doing the timing, I just found that there is a punch mark on the
> front of the cam sprocket, and one on the back.  They are in
> different places.  Which is the one you are supposed to line up with
> the rear timing cover?

Use the punch mark on the back (facing the head) and line it up with
the top edge of the valve cover.