Pressure plate / clutch question

Has anyone every heard of the pressure plate intermittenly not releasing
or not releasing fully causing the clutch to stay engaged? Or is there a
way for this to happen since the clutch pusrod in an 020 tranny actually
pushes the clutch away from the pressure plate? Could it be an rpm
related problem?

My pushrod is not very worn as verified by visual inspection, the throw
out bearing and clutch release arm are in good shape too so we can
elimate those options. New self-adjusting clutch cable as well.

Sympton is sometimes the clutch doesn't seem like its disengaging as I
can't get it out of gear. However, it actuates well enough normally for
me to shift and it doesn't grab when I'm cranking the engine, etc.

TIA