[Re: Will VW get with it already now OT]

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:45:30 EDT Captnbr@aol.com writes:
Dealer called me up today, turned out the car was throwing mis-fire
codes.  I thought that odd since the car only has 700 miles on it.  They
said they have to update the on-board computer with a new program.  Gotta=

love these dealer reliant cars.  Oh and I have a comment about the German=

vs Mexican VW's.  I don't think build country makes a difference. My
Mexican Jetta VR6 has 54,000 miles and the only  problem its ever had was=

a broken rear defogger switch.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6 =

Well, my 99 looks to be needing an injection pump rebuild, which explains=
few things. It has been flirting with it for some time, but then it would=

appear to be something else. So, it was a Mexican installed pump, but I'm=
 sure
it comes from Bosch as a finished unit, it's the internals that are the
problem (quantity adjuster maladjusted)  Otherwise, my "Mexican bean beet=
le"
has been a good car for the first 100 000 kms.
(Except the dang main power relay, that went too, I hope somebody sues VW=
OAs
butt off over those, that's just too dangerous not to be a recall on a $2=
0
part, it just shuts the cars off completely, at random, and won't restart=
=2E Fun
stuff). But this latest fault isn't gonna be so cheap.

But nothing like my old Jetta, a german built 87, what a reliable tank, s=
till
going and really solid in spite of my son's "modifications", at nearly 40=
0 000
kms. Then there is my german built headache, but I'm not going there, it =
may
have had a bad childhood.