----- Original Message -----
From: Robbie Cotner <robw_z@yahoo.com>

> this is on my '83 rocco, with a rebuilt '84 8v JH engine- Ok, I
charged up the battery a little more, and now that I don't lose power
after the "click"  (the only thing I used to get from starter when
turning key) I got to see what the rocco does then-  electrical hell
seems to break loose!  Not only does it click....click....click.... and
keep on clicking without losing power at a rate of about once per
second, the tach needle jumps around a bit between 0 and 2000,
absolutely sporatically(in no discernible pattern or order).  Also my
new door buzzer from a '93 Jetta sounds like a 3-tone
ambulance(absolutely hilarious sound on a lighter note btw!!!), and the
buzzer speeds up its tones (in a way that sounds like it is NOT supposed
to) when the key is put in to the "on" position with the door open.  I
also hear some electrical "crackling" but not really zapping coming from
around or behind the fuse box.  The fuel pump does come on, the lights
in between the speedo and tach come on like they used to(but dim when
put in on position, especially when turning key).  The starter was
getting funny-sounding when I took it off the other engine, but was
still strong enough to start without problems.  Please help!   it will
be GREATLY appreciated, even the smallest idea-  how do you look for
shorts in a rocco btw?