turn key... just a "click" please help-

--0-1296123421-1025328451=:50779

Hey allI am sooooo close to getting my engine transfer done-  it is in and AFAIK everything is connected.  Now however when I turn the starter I just get a "click" from it, and then nothing(most often I lose ALL power after the click, and then must disconnect and reconnect battery terminals to get it back, but sometimes I don't).  I charged the battery up a lot before putting it in-  I also dropped it from off the fender!  But a visual inspection showed no cracks....  could this discharge it in any way?  Any theories at all are VERY VERY welcome-  thanks alot-Rob