Headlight question...

>US lights: normally, the low LIGHTS will be on low BEAM/FILAMENT when ON
>LOW. (make sense?)
>the low LIGHTS will be on high BEAM/FILAMENT when ON HIGH.
>IOW, the low lights will always be putting out light, either high beam or
>low beam.  NORMALLY...

Its quite possible that the high beam filament is burned out in BOTH hi/low bulbs and the PO didn't bother to replace the bulbs.  There could have been a surge in alternator output when the hi beams were on (blowing all 4 bulbs) and someone only replaced the hi ones.  (A lot of fords had this problem, I've never heard of it with Bosch alternators, but anythings possible)

Of course, its quite possible that the wiring is screwed up too.

Bill