Jetronic

--0-817040777-1024668968=:83954

 Bosch Jetronic was used in literally millions of cars from the late 70s thru the mid 80s.  It's not just used in VWs, but Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, and many other European auto makers.  Like any computer, it can go bad, but no more of a chance than any other.  Removing the system means you'll need new a Engine Management system or a conversion to carbs.  Either was is way more expensive than just leaving the stock Jetronic system.
Jeff
  Elyse & Andy Lecharrois <ealecharrois@shaw.ca> wrote: I'm looking at an almost mint '84 (original owner, 134k), it has the
Jetronic computer in it. I have heard alot of bad stuff about them. Is it
possible to remove and how hard is it. Would I have to rewire a lot of
components? I'm going to leave it if I decide to buy this car until
something goes wrong with it. Was Jetronic supposed to be a better fuel
management system?

Andy