home again, +1 scirocco (LONG)

--- ternil@idol.union.edu wrote:

> The only problems I noted with the car were:
> a) it WONT rev past about 4500 RPMs.

Ummm...   did you get some bad gas or something?  I
personally revved it to 6k several times before you picked
it up.

> b)the window seals or cranks or both are just shot. Its a
> bitch to get the
> windows up. they pop out of the tracks, you need both
> hands and some luck to
> get them all the way up.

Check to see if the little 1" rectangular guide is still on
the rear edge of the window frame.  If not, that's likely
the problem.

> d)leaks a bit of oil. dunno. I checked it a few times on
> the way out and there
> was no problem. I was working on it today and I noticed a
> puddle underneath it.
> suggestions? (besides keep an eye on it)

Keep an eye on it, see if you can pinpoint where it's
coming from.

Thanks to Daun for letting us crash at his
> place and putting up
> with us!

No problem.  Did one of you guys forget a yellow & white
shirt?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace