home again, +1 scirocco (LONG)

I made it home last night with my new 8v. much thanks to Daun. It was an
adventure to say the least. I'm convinced that pennsyltucky is the most evil
state in the world. my friend and I hustled past a cop who had someone pulled
over. We of course jammed on our respective brakes, but a red scirocco and a
black porsche 928 convoying together is not the most easily missed thing,
especially when we both downshifted in front of her. So we pull over at a rest
area for a smoke and to use the bathroom and we're standing next to our cars
when the cop rolls in, slows down and stares the three of us down. scared the
hell out of us. Dunno where she was hiding, but we went 65 for a good hour just
cause we were so scared.
The only problems I noted with the car were:
a) it WONT rev past about 4500 RPMs. I am definately thinking the clutch is
going. its fine at the lower range, but it kinda starts to buck at high speed,
feels like its slipping. lotsa money there :(
b)the window seals or cranks or both are just shot. Its a bitch to get the
windows up. they pop out of the tracks, you need both hands and some luck to
get them all the way up.
c)one of the lights on the guages is out, making reading the fuel guage at
three in the morning a pain.
d)leaks a bit of oil. dunno. I checked it a few times on the way out and there
was no problem. I was working on it today and I noticed a puddle underneath it.
suggestions? (besides keep an eye on it)

today we started work on it. A new set of spark plugs did wonders, you guys
shoulda seen the gaps on the old ones. while replacing the plug on the number
two cylinder, I couldn't get the wire off, so I was yankin on the bottom of the
wire, my hand slipped up cause I was pulling so hard, and yep, you guessed it,
promptly ripped the wire. We didn't have any electrical tape. so we cut it a
bit, ran the wire back down and duct taped the insulation around it. Ran the
wire in a non proper direction and it fit and worked nicely. new set on order
from potterman :(. Not really sad, but I didn't really have the money for it
right now.  I put on a new rearview mirror to replace our "custom" duct-taped
model. I kinda miss all the tape on the windshield though. Anyway, its in one
piece for now. Thanks to Daun for letting us crash at his place and putting up
with us! and thanks for everyone's help!

-I went on digest mode for the summer, so please send any replies directly to
me. Thanks!

Lyman