home again, +1 scirocco (LONG)

when my wife gave me her 85 8v, it would not pass over 3000 rpm at any
gear... and would buck and bitch about it.

I poured 104 octane booster, changed the oil and took that girl on a
1-2-3-4-5 gear ride up and down the shifter, downshifting to make it rev at
4000ropm for 30-45 misn, then I dropped the hammer on her in an isolated
road for like 2 hrs... pushing 80MPH...  she reved to 5000 after that

it is carbon deposit.. set the distributor 2' forward and press on the gas,
it will take some time, she wil burn it out and she will start breathing
again... took me.... humm about 2 months of 80+MPH on the highway to get her
to reach 6000 RPM.

she revs up to redline now if I let her... never changed the clutch on it
yet (10 years ago it was changed). BTW once every 4 tanks i pour 104 booster
int the tank just to make sure it stays clean, works well on 94 octane gaz
btw.

it is my personal opinion that it is some what of a proof that the owner
never high-reved the car and most likely is not abused. (but this is a
personal opinion of mine on the 8v engines...feel free to disagree, what do
I know :))

as for oil under car, what color is it, engine oil? power steering oil,
tranny oil ??

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** Euro Project/maybe 8v **