annoying door buzzer replacement question-

--0-194088247-1024281441=:1734

Hey all-  today I decided to reconnect the door buzzer sensor(disconnected due to annoying sound, but I decided it was worth having my dome light come on when the door opens).  Anyway, that annoying buzzer on my '83 started right when I connected it.  I always thought it would be hidden back in the dash a ways, but by "looking with my ears" I found that it was plugged into the fuse box, and it resembles a relay!(VW part # 171 919 433 if that matters).  Now getting to my question... in an attempt to modernize and further "smooth out" my scirocco, I would like to put in a more modern sounding buzzer.  Anyone know if I could take, say, a buzzer-relay-box-thing out of a late-model VW, and just pop it in?  If not that, do later 16v scirocco's have a nicer buzzer, errr dinger(?) that would plug in?  Finally, if there is no simple way can anyone think of a late-model vehicle they own that has a nice "ding-ding-ding"(like from a Lincoln, Caddy....).  I will hopefully be able to modify one into the Scirocco.  And finally one of my biggest questions-  has anyone on this list ever been so anal as me to do this?
Thanks,
Rob