I think I've lost my mind... carbs?

Ok I am going to go out on a limb here and assume we are talkign about 8v's.
I have had 2 twin carbed 8v cars and AFA heatsoak; this is definitely a
problem. I didnt want to cut the raintray to duct it to that area cause the
car was really nice. What I did though was take out the rear hood hinge
bolts and reposition the hood so there was a gap between the hood and body.
this seemed to help quite a bit. I think the best plan would be to duct the
carb inlet to the raintray, or put a 16v engine in there. I dotn have any
prob's with the 16v carbed AFA heatsoak.

>there is room to run tubes over the valve cover, but I doubt if the carbs
>would fit on top of the valve cover. Putting the carbs in front of the
>cylinder head with manifold tubes running over the valve cover probably
>wouldn't work because the mixture flow would be uphill from the carbs over
>the head and would cause bad driveability problems at idle and low load
>conditions due to the fuel falling out of the airflow.
>The common, and only practical, solution to running carbs on  a JH is
>something similar to what Patrick is running.
>Dan

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA