Teach me how to Tap n Die

Is the head still on the car?

If not, then just take it to a decent auto machine shop.  They handle
this stuff all the time.  Get a helicoil insert regardless of whether
they can remove it cleanly.

If so...geez...

It's tough for a shadetree mechanic with a drill and chisel to cleanly
remove a broken off, recessed stud.  You can do a lot of damage.  Trust
the experts on this one, if at all possible.

Ron