Fragile Fuel Pump?

I've been having an ongoing problem with
stuttering/hesitation/whatever at WOT (or on the way there) for=
 some
time.  Most everything has been replaced in an attempt to solve=
 this
problem.  I don't mind all the $$ since much of the stuff needed=

replacement anyway (old wires, coil, etc).  When I replaced the=
 fuel
pumps (the main one had an intermittent failure problem), I found=
couple rubber fuel lines that had rotted pretty bad.  One was a
special order item I had to wait to get (ID different on each=
 end).
There is a possibility that some rubber chunks could have gotten=
 into
my shiny new fuel pump.  Would this cause enough damage to effect=
 my
fuel flow at high RPM?
--
John