It rained really hard today and one section of my Rocco was soaked.

THanks, I'll look into the door area first then the
sunroof.  I also happened to notice that some trim on
the bottomof the door was borken and missing.  Would
that area between the bottom of the door gaps would
cause leakage also?
--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Andrew Wong wrote:
> >
> > All of this morning it was raining really bad and
> by
> > the time the sun came I had to drive my Scirocco.
> > had a passenger in my backseat and noticed that
> the
> > floor area behind the passenger seat was all
> soaked
> > from the bottom while the floor mat on top was not
> > wet.  Is there a leak some where in my Scirocco
> that
> > is causing only that portion of the car to get
> soaked
> > while the rest of it stay dry?  I have a sunroof
> and
> > it felt dry also and like mentioned before the
> floor
> > mat for the passeger side backseat was dry on top
> but
> > wet from the bottom.  I had this happen before but
> > didn't pay attention to it
> >
> > =====
> > -Andrew Wong
> > 1984 Black Scirocco
> > 1987 White Quantum wagon
> >
> > __________________________
>
> I don't know from sunroof leaks but I would verify
> the door liner on
> that side before I go poking things down the drain
> tube. With the window
> crank screw out, the two door handle screws removed,
> and a stout butter
> knife (or the real tool) to spread the force you can
> pup the thing off
> and verify it's integrity.
>
> TBerk

=====