88 16V For Sale (Long...Please Don't Read)

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C21579.CA2FC6B0

I had posted a week or so ago that I have an Black 88 16V for sale in =
Alliance, Ohio (Northeast Ohio).  I also put the car in Autotrader.  =
It's in very good to excellent original condition.  There have been no =
modifications done to the car whatsoever.  My reluctant interest in =
selling it is now approaching a need (I have some serious repairs to =
make on my wife's Jetta that and I have another car, blah, blah, blah).  =
I've had some folks contact me from New Hampshire, New York, Detroit, =
and Dallas, Texas.  Though all say they are real interested, no one has =
looked at it yet.  I will probably change the asking price on Autotrader =
pretty soon, but I started at $3950.  For anybody on the list who is =
interested let's make that $3500 or best offer.  With another car =
payment that will hit in July, I'm a little more anxious to sell.  I set =
up a webpage with a bunch of pictures and info at =
http://home.neo.rr.com/scirocco2 .  If anyone is interested I would be =
happy to talk with you.  E-mail me off list or call me at 330-821-1147 =
(Work during the day), 330-429-1425 (cell Phone).  My home number is =
330-823-0683.  You'll probably end up leaving a message because between =
work and night school I'm rarely there.  I was truly screwed over when I =
bought the car a year ago for $3500.  The car looked great, but needed =
some things done to it.  The "mechanic" I bought it off of sold me the =
car plus agreed to do a bunch of work on it for $3500.  $1200 later, =
I've done everything he promised to do.  At any rate, the one good thing =
about me is, there won't be any surprises with the car.  Believe me, it =
sucks to get your new car and have the oil pressure light come on half =
way home.  In other words, I'll share with you ad naseum what's good and =
bad.  I do not want to part with this car.  The hell I went through to =
get it and now having to sell the car makes me half sick.  It's just not =
a practical commuter and/or kid hauler.  I guess the alternative would =
be to put it in storage.  Maybe that's what I should do because the more =
years that go by, the more difficult it will be to replace this one, =
when it becomes mroe practical to do so.  On second thought, don't =
contact me about the car...  This just isn't easy.  Maybe that's why I =
tell everyone who calls everything that is wrong with it.  What the =
hell, if no one on list is interested in the car, perhaps you can at =
least offer some sympathy for the predicament.  This is like trying to =
sell my son or my wife...I'm off to go drive around for a while.

WRP=20

Here's are the brief highlights:

88 16v

Good:=20
Runs Excellent (No ticking, tapping, knocking, oil burn, oil leak, =
etc...)
New struts, wheel bearing, lower ball joint, four new tires and =
alignment last month
Replaced Distributor and coil a few weeks ago
New radiator fan switch, lower temperature thermostat
Timing belt replaced less than a year ago
Motor mounts are all new (factory type)
New muffler two or three weeks ago
Black Leatherette/Cloth
A/C (Works Great, converted to 134A)
Power Mirrors work
Sunroof (works and doesn't leak)\
No Rust (well actually, there is a bubble in the paint about the size of =
a penny on the driver's door that is probably rust)
Never wrecked, I'm the second owner
Paint is very good (there has been paint work in two spots.
Mileage about 122-124,0000
Interior is excellent

Bad:
Electric radiator fan wants to die and be left alone, but to its' credit =
keeps on trying (It's starting to make terrible noises like death is =
imminent)  I may just break down and finally order one this week.
There is a small hole in the flex pipe.
There is a kink in the clutch cable, making the pedal a little touchy =
(the clutch itself is fine)
Instrument cluster replaced last year so I registered the title as true =
mileage unknown.  I will probably put the original 16V isntrument =
cluster back in here shortly.  One of the diodes needed soldered back in =
place.
The car steers like a cadillac.  The power steering is feather light.  =
My mechanic told me that either the pump is putting out too much =
pressure or the power steering rack needs adjusted.  He said there's =
some special guage he would need from VW to check whatever the hell it =
is he thinks is the problem.  If someone would want to correct the =
problem you could be looking at anything from a power steering pump to a =
new rack I guess.  I went without power steering for a while (took the =
pump and belt off and drained the system).  It steers great but took too =
much effort when parking and stuff so I put it back on.  There's no play =
in the steering, it's just feather light.
I broke the damn thread off of the driver's side windshield wiper post =
trying to tighten it.  The friggin' wiper kept catching, and I tightened =
the nut that holds the wiper on.  It was obviously tight enough when I =
thought to myself, "Ok, one more turn" and the nut with the thread still =
attached came right off.  So right now, I have the poor man's Euro =
wiper. =20

Bonus stuff:

Not much.  You'll receive (if you want them) two factory radios.  One =
came with the car and the other is an extra.  You would probably have no =
use for these because there is a JVC head unit with CD player and JVC =
6x9's mounted in the rear dash and new door speakers as well that are =
included with the car.  It's certainly not an award winning stereo =
system, but it ran about $350 bucks or so last year.    =20

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C21579.CA2FC6B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#c8e0d8>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I had posted a week or so ago that I =
have an Black=20
88 16V for sale in Alliance, Ohio (Northeast Ohio).&nbsp; I also put the =
car in=20
Autotrader.&nbsp; It's in very good to excellent original =
condition.&nbsp; There=20
have been no modifications done to the car whatsoever.&nbsp; My =
reluctant=20
interest in selling&nbsp;it is now approaching a need (I=20
have&nbsp;some&nbsp;serious repairs to make on my wife's&nbsp;Jetta that =
and I=20
have another car, blah, blah, blah).&nbsp; I've had some folks contact =
me from=20
New Hampshire, New York, Detroit, and Dallas, Texas.&nbsp;&nbsp;Though =
all say=20
they are real interested, no one has looked at it yet.&nbsp; I will =
probably=20
change the asking price on Autotrader pretty soon, but I started at =
$3950.&nbsp;=20
For anybody on the list who is interested let's make that $3500 or=20
best&nbsp;offer.&nbsp; With another car payment that will hit =
in&nbsp;July, I'm=20
a little more anxious to sell.&nbsp; I set up a webpage&nbsp;with a =
bunch of=20
pictures and info at <A=20
href=3D"http://home.neo.rr.com/scirocco2";>http://home.neo.rr.com/scirocco=
2</A>=20
.&nbsp;&nbsp;If anyone is interested I would be happy to talk with =
you.&nbsp;=20
E-mail me off list or call me at 330-821-1147 (Work during the day),=20
330-429-1425 (cell Phone).&nbsp; My home number is 330-823-0683.&nbsp; =
You'll=20
probably end up leaving a message because between work and night school =
I'm=20
rarely there.&nbsp; I was truly screwed over when I bought the =
car&nbsp;a year=20
ago for $3500.&nbsp;&nbsp;The car looked great, but needed some =
things&nbsp;done=20
to it.&nbsp; The "mechanic" I bought it off of sold me the car plus =
agreed to do=20
a bunch of work on it for $3500.&nbsp; $1200 later, I've done everything =
he=20
promised to do.&nbsp; At any rate,&nbsp;the one good thing about me is, =
there=20
won't be any&nbsp;surprises with the car.&nbsp; Believe me, it sucks to =
get your=20
new car and have the oil pressure light come on half way home.&nbsp; In =
other=20
words, I'll&nbsp;share with you ad naseum what's good and bad.&nbsp; I =
do not=20
want to part with this car.&nbsp; The hell I went through to get it =
and&nbsp;now=20
having to sell&nbsp;the car makes me half sick.&nbsp; It's just not a =
practical=20
commuter and/or kid hauler.&nbsp; I guess the alternative would be to =
put it in=20
storage.&nbsp; Maybe that's what I should do because the more years that =
go by,=20
the more difficult it will be to replace this one, when it becomes mroe=20
practical to do&nbsp;so.&nbsp; On second thought, don't contact me about =
the=20
car...&nbsp; This just isn't easy.&nbsp; Maybe that's why&nbsp;I tell =
everyone=20
who calls&nbsp;everything that is wrong with it.&nbsp; What the hell, if =
no one=20
on list is interested in the car, perhaps you can at least =
offer&nbsp;some=20
sympathy for the predicament.&nbsp; This is like trying to sell my son =
or my=20
wife...I'm off to go&nbsp;drive around for a while.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WRP</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here's are the brief =
highlights:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>88 16v</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good: </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Runs Excellent (No ticking, tapping, =
knocking, oil=20
burn, oil leak, etc...)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New struts, wheel bearing, lower ball =
joint, four=20
new tires and alignment last month</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Replaced Distributor and coil a few =
weeks=20
ago</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New radiator fan switch, lower =
temperature=20
thermostat</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Timing belt replaced less than a year=20
ago</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Motor mounts are all new (factory=20
type)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New muffler two or three weeks =
ago</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Black Leatherette/Cloth</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A/C (Works Great, converted to =
134A)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Power Mirrors work</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sunroof (works and doesn't =
leak)\</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>No Rust (well actually, there is a =
bubble in the=20
paint about the size of a penny on the driver's door that is probably=20
rust)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Never wrecked, I'm the second =
owner</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paint is very good (there has been =
paint work in=20
two spots.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mileage about 122-124,0000</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Interior is excellent</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bad:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Electric radiator fan wants to die and =
be left=20
alone, but to its' credit keeps on trying (It's starting to make =
terrible noises=20
like death is imminent)&nbsp; I may just break down and finally order =
one this=20
week.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is a small hole in the flex=20
pipe.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is a kink in the clutch cable, =
making the=20
pedal a little touchy (the clutch itself is fine)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Instrument cluster replaced last year =
so I=20
registered the title as true mileage unknown.&nbsp; I will probably put =
the=20
original 16V isntrument cluster back in here shortly.&nbsp; One of the =
diodes=20
needed soldered back in place.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The car steers like a cadillac.&nbsp; =
The power=20
steering is feather light.&nbsp; My mechanic told me that either the =
pump is=20
putting out too much pressure or the power steering rack needs =
adjusted.&nbsp;=20
He said there's some special guage he would need from VW to check =
whatever the=20
hell it is he thinks is the problem.&nbsp; If someone would want to =
correct the=20
problem you could be looking at anything from a power steering pump to a =
new=20
rack I guess.&nbsp; I went without power steering for a while (took the =
pump and=20
belt off and drained the system).&nbsp; It steers great but took too =
much effort=20
when parking and stuff so I put it back on.&nbsp; There's no play in the =

steering, it's just feather light.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I broke the damn thread off of the =
driver's side=20
windshield wiper post trying to tighten it.&nbsp; The friggin' wiper =
kept=20
catching, and I tightened the nut that holds the wiper on.&nbsp; It was=20
obviously tight enough when I thought to myself, "Ok, one more turn" and =
the nut=20
with the thread still attached came right off.&nbsp; So right now, I =
have the=20
poor man's Euro wiper.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bonus stuff:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Not much.&nbsp; You'll receive (if you =
want them)=20
two factory radios.&nbsp; One came with the car and the other is an =
extra.&nbsp;=20
You would probably have no use for these because there is a JVC head =
unit with=20
CD player and JVC 6x9's mounted&nbsp;in the rear dash and new door =
speakers as=20
well that are included with the car.&nbsp; It's certainly not an award =
winning=20
stereo system, but it ran about&nbsp;$350 bucks or so last year.&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D2_01C21579.CA2FC6B0--