ECU tuning: was; The whole 1.8T puny injector debacle

> The fact it blows allot of smoke is due in part to the 4bar, and that as
> soon as I go WOT the gas pours in, but doesn't burn off till the turbo
gets
> spooled up.

If your engine management responds to manifold absolute pressure or mass air
flow and not JUST throttle position (and really it has to since it's a
turbo!) then there is no reason for a lot of black smoke. Your ECU only
looks at MAP or MAF and RPM with corrections from other sensors. (such as
TPS, air temp, coolant temp) So, there's nothing telling the ECU to dump gas
in cause there's a bigassed turbo ready to come online. If the pressure or
air flow isn't there the ECU responds to that. As soon as the pressure
builds the ECU responds to that.

So, not wanting to be a dick and make you feel picked on; I'll guess your
tuner just wanted to make sure you were way rich to guard against
detonation.

But, probably the real reason is your tuner found it easier to just throw
alot of fuel at the situation instead of tuning it right.

Also, one other comment. In my dealings with ATP, one of the vaunted 1.8T
tuners, I've found they don't know shit about their products. They're
offering a product at a nice price, but I'd be willing to bet their depth of
internal combustion engine knowledge could be easily surpassed by several
members on this list. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd buy a turbo
system and chip from them for my A4.
Not saying your chip is ATP. Just saying there are a lot of tuners that are
just assembling piece parts without a real engineering knowledge of what
they are doing.

As far as your injectors; are you sure your not running a rising rate FPR?
There is a guy on Vortex, speed51133 or whatever, that at one time was up to
115 psi fuel pressure to use STOCK injectors with ~10 psi boost on a 2.0 8V.
190cc injectors and 190 whp!