[Re:

"Larry" <rocco16v@netzero.com> wrote:
Neal-
  I'd go with your leanings towards the stock radiator/thinner fan.   You=

can't go much thinner than what you have without giving up capacity and
spending large $$$.
  Not coincidence on the dimensions:   The scirocco-style drag units got
their name because Scirocco radiators were very popular with drag racers =
who
needed a light unit but didn't need a great deal of cooling capacity (aft=
er
all, how much capacity is needed when you aren't running the car for more=

than about 30 seconds?).  They were so popular that aftermarket companies=

started marketing duplicates.

Larry  sandiego16V

Actually, a car gets VERY hot at the drags, high revs on the quarter mile=
 and
a lot of idling (zero air flow) in the staging lanes, unless you are fond=
 of
pushing the car. We run a stock rad and have two "custom" aluminum pieces=
 (old
siding) from the grille to the rad on each side, to encourage air through=
,
rather than around it. (they are spray painted black too FWIW, worth 5 hp=
).
I'd like one of those twin fans though, my fan's in the bad books. My 2 c=
ents.
Note this day, it's on topic.
Cathy