Science of Injectors was[Re: The whole 1.8T puny injector debacle]

Ok.
First Josh. I was the one that asked about the corrected HP.. after you
took the iniative and called the tuner / or whoever. I do remember getting
corrected HP for all my bike runs. The dyno folks normalize it so that ppl
can compare apples to apples. because humidity, baro pressure, temp etc
all effect the HP /torque readings. Just as an example my highly tuned
Honda VFR750F (0.75L V-four) does wheelies on days where the temp is about
65 degrees, slightly misty. and at the same typical pressure Bellvue is
at. It was tuned in Seattle. Other days well i lose enough HP to only do
throttle chop/WOT (technical terms) 2nd gear wheelies. On those days im
pushing around 100HP at the rear wheel most days i run about 80-89HP at
the wheels (memory from years ago so give me a break)... Mind you i used to
get worse gas mileage on my bike then in the 2.0L bunny..
but it went a hellava lot faster...

Data here according to Dynojet.. (motorcycles cause thats what i know
best) So we may have a problem with some of the  basic assumptions here. a
VMAX with a stage 7 kit and full on race pipe. will do around 110+HP
(naturally aspirated, carbs) The new hyabusa 1300cc gets over 145HP at the
ground. Also naturally aspriated with EFI. some ppl are claiming 175HP out
of a NA motor that only 1.3L

Im going thru the math using MATLAB(TM) from aquamist. If anybody has some
documented basic science equations I'll be happy to include them into the
system. So the basic site that im getting my info from is

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/rescr/faq/airmass/airmass.html

So lets make this a discussion to actually learn shit.

there is the basic questions of
how much energy does pump fuel contain.
How much air can be pushed thru the system
what kind of effieceny can we expect.
why do we dump extra fuel in the system (yes i know to keep it cool), but
how much and exactly where and why
what are the safe limits of EFI.
what makes the systems unsafe
what kind of damage can you do if it is not done right.
what kind of safety margins do we want.
what options do we have to make more HP safely.
how to manage it.
what happens when our system is no longer at stable ambient
temp's, pressure therefore density.
turbo vs supercharging.
NOS vs forced induction.
expected lifetimes.

Brian..
One of the many engineers on this list. and Matlab 6.2 compliant :-)
.75L 89HP V-four big ass jets, and full on race 4-2-1 2" exhaust
2.0L 8v no knock ignition..
1.8L 16v ... TT race down and back. unknown other mods.