The whole 1.8T puny injector debacle

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:

> OK, this is kinda like people who say they run high compression 8V motors
> without a knock sensor ignition.  Yes, it will probably work under most
> conditions, but, there's little to no margin for error.

I have one of those motors... And yes it does work. AS LONG as you keep
the temps down. and you have a nice guy named Cheapass Ron polish your
piston heads. And have a freshly rebuilt head that has also been nicely
cleaned. I expect to start to have problems in another 10kmi unless I
change to a knock type ingnition. -- trying to decide. I also try not to
drive the shit out of it. The slipping 190mm clutch, a bad 4th gear
syncro, and 150kmi OEM CV's help.. cause well im not find of sitting on
the side of the road with un repairable items.

> Maybe a tweaked 1.8T
> will work just fine on the 310cc/min injectors.  But are you willing to take
> the chance of leaning out?  I'd rather go with slightly bigger injectors,
> even if it's only something like 350cc, that still gives you a little more
> margin of safety.
>
> And I think that's all that anyone is trying to say.  Better safe than sorry.

agreed.. new topic happening.