Josh Able: puny fuel injectors

Yeah, but Scott, the point of your research there highlights the
impossibility of the situation. There is no way that a 1.8T can run at .38
bsfc. As the website says:

"In most cases a naturally aspirated engine will have a B.S.F.C of .50. This
means that the engine will use .50 lbs. of fuel per hour for each horsepower
it produces. Turbocharged engines will want to be at .60 lbs. per hour or
higher."

For Josh's numbers to work out, his engine would have to be radically more
efficient than even a good normally aspirated engine! Meanwhile, A very
efficient turbo motor has a .60 bsfc. However, Josh is spitting unburnt fuel
out his exhaust. So, how could he be running so efficiently? Well, he's not.

The basis of our objection is that there isn't enough energy stored in
gasoline for Josh's motor to release to make the power that he claims. There
is no way that a tuned 1.8T can be more efficient than even the most miserly
NA motor. Thus, there are only three possibilities. Either he *isn't* making
the power that he claims, those injectors are lots bigger than he thinks, or
the 1.8T is such an astounding engine tat it can operate outside of the
boundaries of physics as we understand it.

However, this matter is resolved, I want to *know*.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut