1.8 mounting

> In the other cars they also have some history they seem to be following;

The longitudinal mounting seems to come from the old Audi line, like the '70s Audi 80 and 100ls, then the Audi fox (VW Dasher), Audi 5000 and Audi 4000 (VW Quantum).  The VW fox (longitundinal engine again) was based on the Brazillian Gol (NOT Golf), which seems to have been based on one of the old Audi designs (although the original Gol had an aircooled engine!)  I haven't kept up with the passat line very much.  I think the early Passat that I test drove around '90 had a transverse engine.  Did they continue that or go back the Longitduinal mounting?

Bill