Front Lower Stress Bar bolt Pattern?

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 07:35:13AM -0400, Rick Kellner wrote:
>   I picked up a stock, front lower stress bar from a 16v Scirocco that I
> want to put on my 84 8v.  Since this was not a stock component for my car I
> will need to drill two holes for the back mounts.  Since the bar mounts on
> top there is no way to drill accurately from the bottom.
>        Does anyone have a diagram they could scan or fax showing the bolt
> pattern?  Any suggestions?  Thanks Rick Kellner.

Piece of cake.  You need to buy, build, borrow, or steal a hole
chaser.  Airplane mechanics use them all the time for drilling blind
holes where two panels overlap. It's basically two strips of metal,
fastened together at one end (usually welded but 2 bolts would work
fine) so they look like a pair of tongs.  on the other end, one piece has
a stud to locate the hole to be duplicated, the other has a hole which
lines up with the stud so you know where to drill. It usually has a
bushing there to make it more durable, but you can skip that if making one
for just 2 holes.

They look like this:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/holeduplicators.php
http://www.geocities.com/wmilesk/fly_proj/Photos/Mvc-2206f.jpg