Cincy role call?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:42 AM
To: chris jevens
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Cincy role call?

chris jevens wrote:

> ok Scott and I made it to new jersey no problem in a little under 10
> hrs... and then I finally got home about 5 hrs later... Luckily I
> didn't get stopped... I was a dummy, and drove home in a un-inspected,

> un-insured, but registered vehicle... I was scared ____-less that I
> would get pulled over... Buuut I made it home with no problems what so

> ever... ;) never again... never again...
>
> cj
>
> 87 1.8 16v (forsale... I want a MkI!!!)
> 84 gti 1.8 8v
> 01 GT Avalanche 1.0

You did better than me- That's the same setup that I got nabbed in:
Payed fees but hadn't transferred insurance nor renewed smog check.

When it works, give Thx.

Tberk

Tosha,

My '79 wouldn't pass inspection right before CINCY, and at one point I
was going to just throw the tag from my '81 on it. I decided to play it
safe after flashing back to your experience last year, so I also swapped
in the '81 dash, so that the VIN on the dash matched the registration.
I have insurance on both and it would vave been highly unlikely for a
trooper to pop the hood and verify the VIN on the pass. side strut
tower. ;^).

We left CINCY around 3PM on Sunday and we got back to Bear, Delaware
around Midnight.

A big thanks to everyone that brought me real beer from Canada, eh! ;)

Thanks to Daun and family for hosting and organising another great CINCY
meet!

Peter