TBerk's 1st Web Site - Displays his crude Surgery

 tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<<  I hogged out my Mk1 intake for an A2 throttle; I used the medium quick,
 not so easy, 'what you have at hand' method: 2k rpm drill and big ol'
 honkin' drill bit, instead of  cutting tools or rasp/file. >>

    That's a good description...   :)     I was able to do mine at work, used
a few different files, sandpaper and steel wool to make it smooth and pretty.

<< I like to think I gave it one of those turbo intake enhancer type
 effects.   ;])   Can you see the swirl turbulators in the air stream?>>

  You know, you might have something there, could sell that of as having "air
flow swirl enhancement" mods machined in, just need to add sparkle effects to
the image... I think I'll go burn my JC Whitney catalog now.

<< I'll be switching to a Fox intake soon enough, that one I'll do all
 pretty like.>>

   Shouldn't need to do a thing to a Fox manifold, at least I can say that
for the '89 and up. I wound up having to do more work removing the TB bolts
than installing the new TB, no machining needed.
   You'll notice the difference after it's all back on.

Carl
77rocco
89fox