damn it i was wrong... my rocco still overheatin

--=======5E853487=======

At 01:31 PM 6/7/02 -0400, Scramjet5@aol.com wrote:

>well i took it out today at lunch it went great i had it idlin for about
>half hour and then ran it around for a little when i ran it the temp went
>red hot in no time and as i tried to brin it back i was forced to pull
>over since coolant was bein sprayed everywhere... also my exhaust seemed
>really grey would that be caused by coolant in the head or because its too
>rich? once again im thinkin about just sayin fuck it and getin a new
>celica or the new nissan 350z.... i really dont want to but i think i need
>a little more dependable car.... fuckin a...
>i think maybe i might need to drop the thermostat and drill holes in it...
>my fan ran just not enough to cool it it would run for a little then stop
>even as the temp rose... i need to figure out if the thermostats high is
>workin...

Have you followed all the Bentley procedures?  I would look at the
thermostat first if it were me.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.