Could a bad battery be causing hard starting?

Andrew Wong wrote:

> Thanks, I'll look into that.  Also Yesterday I also
> charged it and I drove for a while, but right after I
> was done and waited around 30minutes it didn't start.
> I also charged it today and I can hear the battery
> making boiling water kind of noise while charging.
> That happened in my Quantum last time the battery died
> and I replaced that and it works fine know

Boiling water sound in the battery is a symptom of overcharging; the
electricity pouring through this thing is enough to break the water
(H2O) apart into O2 and H.

Reasons why are not limited to:

- Poor electrical path, remedy is additional grounds and cleaned,
reconditioned contacts.

- Bad or broken voltage regulator on Alt is sending out more than 12-13
volts, more like 16-20v.

We (us, them plus me) think you should test for how much voltage you are
getting during normal ops. 12 to to 13.5v is normal.

Running a super high charge from the Alt all the time will wear it out
sooner than normal.

I'd like to mention: get some DISTILLED water to top off the battery, if
it has pry off tops. Clean around the area 1st so nothing drips inside.
Tap water has minerals and a wrong Ph so avoid it.

hth,
TBerk