Could a bad battery be causing hard starting?

Thanks, I'll look into that.  Also Yesterday I also
charged it and I drove for a while, but right after I
was done and waited around 30minutes it didn't start.
I also charged it today and I can hear the battery
making boiling water kind of noise while charging.
That happened in my Quantum last time the battery died
and I replaced that and it works fine know
--- "Jonas K." <jkarlsso@metabolex.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/02 10:47 AM, "Andrew Wong"
> <mkii_84@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I need to figure out since ever since my battery
> has
> > been acting up lately so has been the starting
> which
> > is stalling out also.  Before it was the air leak,
> but
> > I fixed it and when the battery was fully charged
> it
> > ran ok.
>
> Kinda confused.
>
> Of course a bad battery will cause hard starting.
>
> But so will a not-fully charged battery. Disconnect
> the battery terminals
> and clean them good. Coat with some vaseline and put
> back on. Then clean up
> the ground cables (or install additional ones to the
> casing of the starter,
> and to the block). Charge up the battery and see if
> it works.
>
> It the battery charges up with a charger but not
> when in the car, then the
> alternator may need to be looked at. The voltage
> regulator could have it's
> brushes worn down too much.
>
> Most auto stores can check your battery, starter and
> alternator.
>
> Jonas

=====
-Andrew Wong