Pointers for Water Pump Pulley Removal

OK guys,
I'm at the tail end of replacing all four motor mounts and the last one, the
passenger side mount has presented a real challenge on this 86 16V. Oh, and
in the proccess, thought it best to do the timing belt while I'm in there.
So good so far?
So I asked Daun to help the amatuer since it's my first time (changing the
timing belt) and we can seem to break the third & last hex bolt on the damn
pulley. It's a little "rounded" now.
What is the consensus on how to remove this little b*st*rd without screwing
up the pulley ar having to easy-out the bolt?
Vice grips? heat? prayer?
TIA
Rob / Cincinnati