Cincy 2002 revisited

Alright, on Thursday I land in Richmond , va and I grab a new rocco, then I
head out to Cincy
as far as I can tell the straightest line is through the mountains and puts
me 11 hrs later in cincy.

anyone can tell me why I should not got the following route ?

Richmond, VA -> I 64 -> Charleston, WV
Charleston VW -> I 77 -> Cambridge ,OH
Cambridge OH -> I 70 -> Wilmington Ohio

I realize this is mountainous area, but the other choice looks like it will
take same amount of time, and is a long ways around the mountains
anyone ever do it this way or have any notices to pass on to me

anyone from VA or WV want to catch/meet up and drive up to cincy with me ?
(new car not sure what it can/cannot do yet, but damn by the time I get to
Texas I will have a) repaired a bunch of things b) know what is wrong with
the car)
ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1988 16v ** FOR SALE : 1000.00$ **