[Re: TDI Golf & Scirocco]

> Economy and reliability are the goals, so your
> endorsement goes even further towards me buying this
> car. I drive 100 plus miles a day, five days a week,
> to get to work. The 16V Scirocco needs to fuel up
> nearly every other day. I figure the TDI motor means
> once a week? What kind of mileage have you been
> getting? A US Government test indicates 46 mpg. That
> means 600 miles, maybe even more, per tank!? Does this

Oh yes, 50+ mpg is easily possible, if you are on the highway anyway.
Some people have broken the 800 mile per tank barrier...but they are
cheating and overfilling the tank all the way up the filler neck.

> car keep you warm in the winter? Do you have the
> winter package?

No problem with heat in the winter, diesels do take longer to warm up, and
they WONT warm up by idling...you just have to drive them.  Thats why I
added a nice block heater to mine....instant heat.

Eric

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car again, no more DD duty)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (THE NEW RIDE)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox