STPR

> Anyone on the list attend this weekends rally in Wellsboro Pa? You would
> have seen some cool car crashes. There were no Sciroccos entered
> this year, but there were a bunch other VW's.

Well, don't expect any more Rabbits, Sciroccos, or other old VWs. Their day
in the sun is pretty much over. In fact, what used to be a highly VW
dominated event is now sparsely populated with our cars. In years past you
could expect a third of the field to be Golfs. No doubt, this is largely due
to VW's indifference to racing as a promotional tool in the U.S.

Anyway, I was out there working the event as a course marshall with a bunch
of VW people. I'd have advertised it here on Scirocco-l if I thought people
cared! We had a total blast partying out there in the woods. :^) What
stages/spectator points did you get to see, Jason? I was at the river
crossing and the hairpin turn at stages 6/9.

> One in particular was a brand new Golf
> TDI. Holy cow was that thing fast. It could romp all over the
> Impreza's that were there.

Jon Hamilton is a fast driver! However, I really doubt that that car is
capable of "romp[ing] all over the Imprezas". Look at the results.
Regardless, I've got mad respect for him and his whole crew. And, I'm
looking forward to hanging with my man, Josh Westhoven (sometimes navigator)
out at Cincy. :^)

> Anyone else have an experience to share??????

Yeah, the Irish rally fanatics are a handful to manage! I'll have pictures
for everybody to look at in a few days.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut