AHHHRGGGG

Bummer man, sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me about 6 months ago now.

The window is tedious to replace. make sure you've got some time to do it. The door panel and the big window have to come out, then move the bar over, install little window, replace bar, big window, and door panel.

Definitely get a stereo with a removeable faceplate and remove it any time you are not in the car.

Joshua

So I go out to my car today to drive to a meeting I have with some friends.
I have a little trouble getting my lock to open, but get in and sit down. I
imediately smell cigarrette smoke and get this sense like someone is sitting
behind me. I look down, and what do ya know but my stereo is gone. It wasn't
even screwed in because I've been taking forever to put my new center
console (thanks chris ; - ). It was just sitting in the slot, and use to
slide out under had acceleration. So I don't see why it was necissary to pry
apart my heater control as well. The car was right in front of my house, on
the corner of a busy street. My roomates car got broken into in the exact
same spot a few months ago. So all my Cds and CD player are gone, and the
little triangle window on the right side is busted. Since I could still
smell the smoke I drove around looking for anyone suspicious in the area,
but didnt' find anyone. Doesn't seem like there's anything I can do. Shit
happens. If anyone has any suggestions I'd apreciate it. Of course I still
have my recipts for the CD player. I still have my 16v and that little
window is fine on it. Could someone give me the low down as to how I can go
about moving that window over? Looks like it could be a pain. Alright I'm
done venting ; - )

Eric Anastas
86 8v (now with air conditioning)