'85 keeps stalling

Jorel Jackson wrote:

> I've been working on the effing '85 all weekend. It
> has a new exhaust now, but runs like crap. The car
> will sit and idle nice enough, but when you stab the
> accellerator, then let up, the car will stall. I don't
> have access to my Bentley now. Hopefully someone can
> give me an idea. Maybe the Hall sender or idle
> stabilizer doodlewanger? Thanks to any helpful suggestions.
>
> =====
> Jorel Jackson
> web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
> 1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos
> 2000 Neon ES
> Jaguar XK 180

What new exhaust was it?, how much was changed? If it was a big change
from a stock single downpipe it might have changed the air to fuel ratio
slightly but enough to cause the problem. I might be psychotic but
whether it's the cause or not I'd get it checked if just to recalibrate.

Your runability problems also sound like air leak trouble, all things
being equal; esp since things can get tweaked and bent and dislodged
during repair or upgrade work.

Does the 85 have two vacuum line ports on the Dist, both decel and
advance? Got a timing light? How old are the Injector o-rings?

TBerk
flopping all over the place.