introductions are in order

nlowe wrote:

>     Hello, my name is Nate and I'm pretty new to this list. I've been
> reading the posts for a while but have not been inclined to write my own
> post since neither have I had any questions on my Scirocco nor do I know
> enough about Sciroccos to answer the questions posted here. I've been a
> Volkswagen fan since my first car ('86 Jetta gli Wolfsburg edition) and was
> convinced by a couple "Volkswagen Fiend"  friends of mine to buy the rocco
> and I'm very glad I did. My rocco is an '81 with a 1.8  8v gti motor bored
> out to 1.9 with plenty of other goodies added to make it the funest car I've
> ever driven.
>     My question is that I recently received a Bentley for my birthday. This
> Bentley is for '75-'79 Rabbits and Sciroccos. Were there enough significant
> changes in the car for me to need to search out a Bentley for the '81? Or,
> is there anybody on the list who would want to trade me an '81 manual for
> this one? Its slightly used but in very good shape.
> Thanks, and glad to meet you all,
> Nate

Well, welcome and all.

I like the simplicity of the early Bentley, in any case I would keep it.
But I would also get one that covers 81 to 84 year range, which you
might find used in a bookstore, do some trolling around.

The major difference  I can think of off the top of my head is the use
of an O2 sensor in the later models and the brake setup was upgraded
from the 70's to the 80s. Besides that is the electrical diagrams (while
never -exact- ) are different enough to want the later. BTW- because I'm
in California I often find the next year's Jetta or Cab to be batter
match schematic wise.

Also there is a little in there about the GTI 1.8, slightly different
than the 81's 1.7, but basically the one you have will hold ya a while.

Where in the world are you located? Any chance the Cincy get together is
in your immediate future?

TBerk