introductions are in order

>     My question is that I recently received a
> Bentley for my birthday. This
> Bentley is for '75-'79 Rabbits and Sciroccos. Were
> there enough significant
> changes in the car for me to need to search out a
> Bentley for the '81? Or,
> is there anybody on the list who would want to trade
> me an '81 manual for
> this one? Its slightly used but in very good shape.
> Thanks, and glad to meet you all,
> Nate

Well, you might want to get the 81-84 Bentley. (I have
them both). I have an extra one you can have 4 cheap
if ya really want one.

A few things are different on the '81. The brake lines
are under the car instead of going under the carpet in
the interior - aside from this the differences are
mostly minor. 1981 Sciroccos have and Oxygen Sensor
and "computer" while 1980 & prior do not (non CA
cars). But 1980 Calif cars had OXS, so perhaps you
could use the '75-'80 Bentley to cover this.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1983 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco "Knife", 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco "Miss Spoon", 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)