From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Tobias ><
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 4:33 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Forgot parking brake - ooops

After an already very eventful night with both my cars - me working on on in
the middle of an empty supermarket parkinglot after having to walk home to
get my tools - I got the 83 home again, then walked back to get the 88 ..
drove to a parking structure to finally align the projector lights, and
drove home.

Drove home sluggish ... stepped on gas to make up for it. Pull in the
carport, exit, and am greeted with a perfuse stench of burning something ...
and ... smoke rising from both rear brakes. I forgot the damn parking brake
when I left the parkingstructure!?!??!?!

The brakes were smoking for a while, and clinking madly like the exhaust
does after a hot run. I had the brake on 3 clicks tight. So, exactly how
much damage did I do here?

T - just having one of dem off Scirocco nights