power window ?

i spent my day working on the '86 coupe gt today, including stripping out
the drivers side power window set-up and installing a new. leaving me
afterwards shaking my head and saying never again. we i get home, pull into
the driveway and got to shut the car up and guess what? thats right, the
$200 roccos passenger side power window won't roll up. only goes up to about
the 1/4 postion. f**k, looks like i get to do power windows tomorrow too.
anyway, my ? would why would the window only go up 1/4 of the way? is there
a way to adjust the travel of the motor to make the window go up all the
way? or should i just switch the whole thing out with a new setup? tia
   hit
  wishing i never had bought a car with power windows!