16V dying when stopping. Help Needed

List,
I need some help to get my 87 16V running right. When I go to stop the car dyes. I can pop the clutch and it starts running again or I can turn the key over and it starts right up again. I have already changed the main pump, in-tank pump, fuel filter and fuel accumlator. I will be changing the fuel pump relay tomorrow when the dealer opens but I don't think it is the problem. I have a feeling it is a loose connection but I can't figure out where to start. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Masun Dixon
78 Scirocco 16V
87 Scirocco 16V