Need help setting base line - the Dog ate Half my Bentley

8v RD motor
K/S from same
ECU/O2 from 81
Fuel Dist from 84 JH GTI
New Timing Belt- verified timing marks, started car @ TDC- ran OK but
idled high, turned Dist clockwise by ear to lower idle.

I have a volt meter with dwell, a non-adjustable inductive pickup timing
light (never used one before), and the electrical, body, manual & auto
trans section of a Bentley Manual.  :sly:

Could use some help with:

Setting fuel to air ratio via 3 mm adjustment, setting timing w/ timing
light given that there are two identical cast marks on my flywheel.
(This unit has no cut & cast mark, just two casts side by side.)

I like seafood, could you teach me to fish?

TBerk