Anyone have the Flowmaster muffler?

I got the 60 Series Flowmaster muffler with my TT cat-back exhaust system,
and I had to send it back because of a weld defect.  After getting the new
one, it doesn't have the defective rattle, but it sounds like **CRAP** under
heavy throttle (past 4k) just like the last one did (I thought the last one
was caused by the defect).  It is really tinny and nasty sounding.  Did I
get another defective one?  Or is this just the Flowmaster sound? (if so, I
don't see how they could sell this thing)
Should I just replace it with the Borla?  ;-)