H4 Lenses with City Light impressions...

Well as I promised here is my impression on the different set of H4 "us"
style lights I bought and checked out.

This set was sold on ebay with city lights in them.

- package is very nice
- bulbs attached are blue tint again but 90/100w bulbs (supposedly produce
100/130w of lights (untested)

the major up from these new headlights assemblies, compared to the previous
one I had purchased, is that THESE headlights fit properly into the us
buckets, no "filler" is required to have them sit properly in the space
required.

the bulbs used for the city lights is a us market bulbs (big bonus) a W5W
type slot bulbs, and dark blue in color, I am sure you now can find these
pretty much every where to  change/replace them. Philips make a bice blue
vision bulbs sold in pair for them for a few dollars the pair.

the lens (space inside the case) seems a tad smaller but more convex thus
probably providing with a narrower band of light forward of the car, as the
other pair I had, were very nice on the road, but the spread was very wide.

if you where to buy a set (comparable price 5$ difference because of the
city lights models) I would strongly order the ones with the city lights.)

if you have 4 of those in the car, the car would nifty to have 4 city lights
lighting the headlights has you drive into the parking area of choice :)

well hope this was fruitful to the people waiting to hear about it all...

ATS - Patrick Bureau
1985 8v **Planning 3A/JH  Upgrade**
1985 8v  ** Titian Project **
1988 16v ** Sold **