Waterfest SHAME!!!

Well this was my fourth straight trip to Waterfest weekend ....
( I unfortunately didn't make it to the show but spent Friday and Saturday
night at the Hotel.......wife is 36 weeks pregnant and a long hot day at the
show was not happening)

anyway....this was by far the most destructive year I have seen, but on a
weird note it was also the one with the fewest smoke shows in the parking
lot...I believe the crowd was left unsatisfied and channeled its energy into
destroying the hotel............

anyway it was pretty crazy and it will probably force Rapidparts to move to
yet another location where a new set of Hotels can be damaged....and from
what I hear that will really suck since the show site was very very good
compared to the dust bowl.

Now I am not sure why Kevin Collins had to start bashing us "East Coast"
guys when no-one on this list had anything to do with it...a few guys in
there late twenties and thirties are not going to stop the couple hundred 20
year olds from going nuts and explain to them that the impression they are
making for VW to the public is not good.  These kids do not
care.............  and I do not need to be lectured to about it!!

this happens every year to some extent and by next year it will be long
forgotten and new Hotels will be found.

Now I will go out on a limb and say that to some extent the craziness at the
hotel is part of the draw of the show.....the most enjoyable thing for me is
to get together with a large group of list members which I only really see
twice a year and hang out,  but the mayhem at the hotel is definitely a draw
too.

I understand and agree that the damage and law breaking at the Hotels is
well over the top....but I am sure that Waterfest will be cancelled before
the nights at the hotel become civilized

and lastly remember this discussion and just get a room at a Non WF hotel
next year....there was a very expensive hotel(cant remember the name) right
on the other side of the bridge

later
Michael Leach
LAMPS Integration and Test